Monday, January 16, 2006

Why am I Tired at the End of the Day?

It's Monday night and I'm feeling tapped. Is it because I need to physically rest after 5 1/2 hours of Yoga and two hours of floor work over the weekend? Is it because I've been up for about 16 hours and active for most of them? Is it because I wear down a little at some of the requests I field and the energy spent on things that may not effect the outcome? Maybe it's a little of all these things.

I did find myself getting slightly annoyed at the persistence of one individual who kept badgering at one point. While I didn't provide full effort on this item, I tried to not ignore it and handled with the minimum amount of effort. I did this by rewiring the problem back to the folks who should have exchanged the information and gotten the data correct in the first place. Even thinking about it now is mildly aggravating. (So, enough on this -- can't work it now -- will work it when it comes back up -- hopefully, never again.)

There was a work event where I got coached (if not flagged) on my perspective of some executive assistance. I admitted to the language, and suggested my words reflected the way the situation had been portrayed to me -- with one name mentioned. When I mentioned the name, the "do it to us" concept was probably understood. Anyway, no further coaching after the name-dropping.

I was very happy to see the GM, who was in good spirits and found the way to playfully engage. I probably gushed positive, but it was done sincerely. I acted like I felt and I did so naturally. I was truly happy to see the person and glad to share the positive outlook for good things to come. My position should be valuable and backed up by the results. We'll see as we move into the year and the newly minted try their wings under severe resource constraints. Watch out for the sun, Icarus.

I think I can do a chapter a day in French and finish the book and review this month (it's the 16th and I finished chapter 14 today) and next month before French 2 begins.

I'm looking forward to the surprise this weekend, but not the driving. I want to go to the Yoga theatre Friday, but really would like to find someone else interested in this to go with and discuss. I'm REALLY looking forward to private Yoga on Saturday.

No comments: