Friday, January 06, 2006

First Week of 2006

Much of this week involved work. And, then there was work. Yet nestled between work sessions were Yoga, personal training, piano lesson and practice, study of French, discussions with people close to me and other fun stuff. Business results were better than planned, better than expected so that is good. So the best play for work is to lead the team to the next level, be more efficient and effective overall, and get smarter than others in the same business.

We're going to do the rain date for my Mom's birthday and Christmas this weekend. Even though this means saddle time in the car for many hours, it will be good to share the time with my family. This year has many other interesting events and as we proceed the activity density will increase -- college tours, app, acceptance and decision; seminars and travel; places I may go, etc.

The combination of opportunities and blessings is humbling, and leaves me compelled to make the most out of all things I do.

No comments: