Monday, January 02, 2006

Last Day of Vacation

I have very much enjoyed my vacation. The good news is that I've kept up with my work for the most part and won't have to pour through piles of e-mail. January will be a busy month at work, so it is important to plan and to pace.

Today is rainy and cool outside (50) and a nice day to remain inside, study French, practice piano, and tidy up here and there. I caught up on some bookkeeping, but am not quite current. In addition to my normal things, I would like to add an organized home office to the mix of desired outcomes. I'm at the point where I start making tradeoffs of my time at home. I think the best approach is to always leave the room just a little better than when you entered it. At some point, there's nothing left to do. (Not a bad idea for a habit in general -- leave it just a little better than you found it!)

I went to Yoga today and the regular teacher was a no-show. Marie F. showed up as a student, but just so happened to be qualified to teach and under agreement with the center. She did an outstanding job, and it was really great to see someone rally.

I'll see SR at cyco tonight, but plan to use up the cyco passes. Triangle is a better center, is closer, has a more interesting selection of classes, and so on. However, there are great people at cyco and I've learned a lot there and advanced my skill.

No comments: