Monday, February 13, 2006

Practice What I Preach

I started out today with my agenda established and a wide variety of things I wanted to accomplish. One of the first items at work was to perform the obligatory upgrade to the latest e-mail program. Downloading and installing was a cakewalk, but for some strange reason I was no longer able to access my mail. Now as much as I've decided to not be driven by my e-mail -- to otherwise work my agenda -- I find it fairly distressing to be without this tool. More intrusive is the "recovery time" that I needed to apply to remedy the problem. Fortunately, I was able to get to the bottom of the problem with minimal impact to productivity.

One of many highlights today was to attend the meeting of the French club at J's school as one of two judges evaluating homemade French desserts. Talking about tough duty!

I also had the pleasure of returning to the Monday night Yoga class that I've missed for the last several weeks due to business travel.

With time to spare, I'll work on my piano and do some reading on strategic alliances. As dry as the book is, I did find today one practical application of the material (which is why I've persisted) and I was able to identify a potential collaboration/alliance, and quickly think through some of the options that might be created.

No comments: