Saturday, March 11, 2006

Weekend

I'm glad that I found my way to the weekend. During the week, it became clear that long hours of focused concentration, deskwork, phone calls, and general intensity was pulling on me. I managed to forget the lessons about frequent breaks, and taking the time to assimilate the event I'd just been through. It is a little tough when running back to back to take that pause to reflect on what just happened.

Our book club on Friday night was okay. The book we discussed was "The Time Traveler's Wife" which I enjoyed reading several months ago, albeit a somewhat long book. There was a good bit of discussion about whether the book was or wasn't science fiction, which branched off into a discussion about what qualifies a book for science fiction. One of the people did a survey into the history of time travel in literature, which was informative. Our next book to discuss is "The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America" by Erik Larsen. Haven't read it, and don't know anything about it yet.

I did enjoy my activities today, including French, Yoga, Piano, and advancing my XML skills. Also watched part of the UNC game, and went to Lowe's to buy light bulbs. (yawn!)

We also got the Miata fired up and the battery seems to be holding a charge.

No comments: