Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New Stuff

I finished learning the third part of Ravel's Sonatine, and got a fairly good review from my teacher tonight. My sound is really good, he said, and if I wanted to drill and prepare for performance that "it would be convincing." Since I don't have a performance planned, I'll take what I learned going through these three movements -- which has been quite a bit -- and move on to some Schubert.

French class resumes "a Jeudi" and I'm looking forward to resuming the study. I have been regularly listening to the news in French (podcast of national news) and to the FrenchPodClass. I have been reading the Bourse RSS feed (business news) but haven't been back to the book or to reading the Google News in French.

My non-work activity is getting a little dense: Yoga, Training, Piano, French, XML, Reading. Well, to be honest, my work activity is dense, too (You know it's hard out here for a pimp). That's okay, because I like all the things that I'm doing and learning about.

No comments: