Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Random Craziness

It's come to my attention that I haven't been writing much to my blog. (I took this up with myself.) Rather than wait for some grand inspiration, I'm following the lead of another blogger who just lets it go.

Why are the little, round chocolate chip cookies -- bite size -- so addictive? I found a bag of these in the house and find myself compelled to refill the "handful" before emptying the hand. There's nothing special about these little, round, crunchy cookies. That doesn't stop them from being ever so compelling.

I've downloaded some fabulous new music. Taylor Eigsti is a brilliant jazz pianist who has a lot of technique, a great sound and fresh ideas. Curandero is a small group with flamenco guitar, tablas, bass, and a lot of cook! Bobby Watson has a release called Horizon Reassembled. Very good tunes, but I was a tiny bit disappointed with the tinny sound of an electronic grand piano. The notes were right but the sound was just a little bit Casio.

The first prize for exciting new sounds (to me) is Beady Belle. This is a Norwegian singer and bassist who have composed songs with interesting lyrics, very interesting compositions, great arrangements and an excellent recording (yes, with REAL piano). The genre is electronica, but the music is jazz to me. The songs are predominantly modal in scope with long melodies over single, interesting chords with tasteful progressions.

All the rest is progressing: Yoga, Piano, French, Work, Exercise. Well, the XML has slowed down a bit, but that's probably because I got enough structure and coding done to get great utility out of my notes.

Come to think of it, lots of stuff is going on! I was worried when my writing slowed a bit. No need to worry; just need to write!

No comments: