Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Notes and Observations

It seems that I've been away from my own blog for a while. It's not that I'm not doing anything -- in fact, quite the contrary. I will admit that I'm holding back a little bit, though. For example, I'm not quite as driven at this time toward piano. It's hard to tell if it's energy level or interest. Regardless, I'll look to rebalance and see if I'm allocating enough of the right time to the right activities.

The Yoga has been a priority for me as I feel like I'm on a good learning curve right now. The classes that I'm in are very positive with a nice group of people and excellent instruction. I'm still dedicated to my floor training, but I'm still getting used to the new time. I try to hit French first thing in the morning. Work still gets the majority of my time and I still find each day simultaneously filled with challenge and reward.

I found an article that I read the other night somewhat disturbing. It described the use of Yoga for traning of Indian troops who guard the Pakistani border. While the virtues of Yoga for physical training were highlighted, the existence of Yoga as part of a military training regimine didn't converge fittingly. Rather than be at war with Pakistan, invite the troops together to mutually benefit from the practice of Yoga and agree to put the differences aside.

As it's been said, good things sometimes spring from adversity. I'm lead to the notion of Yoga as a leadership model for peace. It's difficult to imagine inherent malice existing in a person who is dedicated to practicing Yoga. And, with this, what of the people who teach Yoga? One who teaches Yoga has gone even further in the principals and practices of leading others in the journey to hightened awareness and inner peace through the physical practice.

No comments: