Saturday, June 24, 2006

Workout Double-Header

I had the rare opportunity today to enjoy a double-header. My favorite spinning teacher sub'd for one of the "yellers." I'm so much more comfortable in a cardio workout where there is a constant stream of encouragement and instruction on form and purpose. I think it proves you don't have to be a jock in the brain to be a jock in the body.

The spinning class was followed by the usual Saturday flow-ga class. The routine was different today with the requisite new challenge pose at the apex. When Yoga goes well, which is most sessions, I leave refreshed and restored both in body and mind.

The July trip to India is still somewhat of a mystery. I know the plan is to go to New Dehli and Bangalore, and that it's about one week near the end of July. I do hope to get better resolution next week before I go get pumped up with a broad assortment of shots and start working on a visa. I did hear the Taj Mahal is one of the most spectacular sites on the planet. Best is to stay nearby and awaken for the sunrise as it shines on the decorative inlays in the stone. Second best is to hire a driver and tour.

Word is that driving is not advised in India. You're likely to find, as my friend put it, elephants, people cooking, bicycles, and every imaginable obstacle -- which is a challenge atop driving on the left side of the road.

This weekend, I'll look to get caught up on some desk work, read, and relax.

No comments: